In order to install an SSL certificate on IIS8, the following below process has to be followed :
- Download the certificate in PKCS#7 format in your SSLs.com account and upload it to the server. You can download the certificate from the email recieved from the CA. Unzip the archive and find the .p7b/.cer certificate file there.
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager > double click on “Server Certificates” icon > click on “Complete Certificate Request” in the “Actions” section.
- On the next screen it is necessary to fill in three fields:
File name containing the certification authority’s response – full path to the .p7b or .cer certificate file received from the Certificate Authority. It can be found the file system by clicking on “...” button.
Friendly name – general name for a certain certificate request. The domain name should be specified here to avoid confusion with other requests.
Select a certificate store for the new certificate – select “Personal” from the drop-down menu.
Once all fields are filled, click Ok. Now the certificate will appear in the Server Certificates storage.
- Create a binding for the website to be available via HTTPS.
Go to the “Sites” folder in the “Connections” section in the left part of the screen > double-click on the necessary website.
- In the right corner of the screen, click on the “Bindings” button in the “Actions” section.
- In the new “Site Bindings” window, click “Add…”.
- Fill in the following fields in the Add Site Binding menu:
1) Type – select “https” from the dropdown.
2) IP address – choose “All Unassigned” or choose IP address from the dropdown.
3) Port – specify a custom port number for secured connection, or use the default port 443.
4) SSL certificate – select the completed certificate request by its friendly name.
Check the “Require Server Name Indication” box in order to install multiple SSL certificates on the server. Once all the necessary information is specified, click “Ok”.
- A new binding will appear in the “Site Bindings” section.
Services Cloudtechtiq offers: